The role of the office management professionals and administrators in today’s organisation is changing rapidly. What is the way forward? The true art of office management & administration lies not in the art of winning, rather it demands the art of winning consent. In order to remain competent in the workplace administrators, office managers and secretaries need to be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills.
This Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills training course identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team. These elements include: office management, communication, organisational, interpersonal & administrative competencies.
- Equip participants with the skills and competencies needed to be efficient and productive
- Deliver competencies that identify the knowledge, skills and abilities required to address the resolution of administrative problems
- Use effective behavioural interpersonal, administrative and technical organisational skills
- Understand the roles, administrative processes and procedures
- Interpretation of policies and general management team responsibilities
- Address the office management & administration duties as part and parcel of the organisations business goals
- Touch on themes such as communication, (behavioural and technical) competencies, interpersonal skills, business correspondence, systems and procedures, quality, customer service excellence, workflow, supervision and productivity, etc.
- Define the role of the office management & administrative professionals
- Outline the aspects of interaction with other functions and departments
- Introduce and practice effective behavioural, administrative and technical management skills
- Provide practical problem solving techniques for efficient office management
- onal issues and disagreement
The Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills training course is designed for all those who need to understand a broad range of office management and administration competencies.
The training course is suitable for new or advanced users and will provide all delegates with a practical overview of their responsibilities and the essential technical and behavioural knowledge required to fulfill their roles successfully.
This practical and results-oriented Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills training course is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
DAY 1 – The Management Function: Office Management
On Day One the course looks at the role and responsibilities of Office Management & Effective Administrators
- What is the Office Management Professional’s place, role and objectives in the organisation?
- How the organisations culture depends on the image/role of the Office Management Professional
- Employee code of ethics and employee proprietary agreements
- Changing codes of supervision/corrective action
- Authority v behavioural, administrative and technical responsibilities
- Managing administrative performance and the process(es) required
- Objective setting and maintaining standards
DAY2 – Communication: Its Power, Components and Levels
On Day Two the course looks at the necessary communication skills to develop successful Office Management and Administration skills
- The New Administrative Role in Impacting Organizational Performance
- Performance Appraisal
- How Administrators can build Competitive Edge Departments
- What Administrators Need to Know
- How to Reshape and Rebalance the New Administration Function KPIs etc.
DAY 3 – Organisational (Behavioural and Technical) Competence Effectiveness
On Day Three the course looks at the necessary competencies required and their application to develop successful Office Management and Administration skills
- Measuring how things are done as well as what they should achieve
- Role in challenge and inspiring others to meet ambitious goals which deliver exceptional performance
- Role in helping individuals take responsibility for making the organisation deliver value
- Role in helping the organisation see the world through the eyes of its (internal/external) customers
- Role in enhancing productivity and reducing conflict/lost time
- Role in protecting and enhancing business reputation
- Role in ensuring organisational standards are implemented and respected
DAY 4 -Interpersonal Skills
On Day Four the course looks at how to use influence and persuasion with stakeholders to achieve department objectives.
- Influencing, persuading and communicating decisions to ensure the organisation listen and acts
- Presentation skills
- Managing diversity
- Demonstrate administrative expertise and develop, implement and ensure compliance with organisational systems, processes and procedures
- Actively review and recommend improvements to organisational systems, processes and procedures
- Establish checking procedures and ensure quality of work
DAY 5 – Implementation/Administration Guidelines
On Day Five the course looks at how to apply and implement the skills learned and deliver tangible results that benefit all stakeholders
- Role in creating links between organisational strategy and administration goals and their implementation
- Role as a route to securing competitive realities of the organisation
- Role in creating a partnership with management that turns strategies into results
- Role in helping management understand the human capital dimension of each of the organisations key business priorities
- Action planning and transfer of knowledge and skills to work