The two biggest challenges business leaders face firstly the ability to lead meaningful change with significant hard-figure impact and secondly create a successful business culture. New cultures – for example, ones that center around customer challenge every aspect of the organisation. Today’s business leader needs to be equipped with the capability and skills to gain support and momentum and then make it count. Great leaders are rarely born.
They work hard at developing their craft, and this premier workshop has been designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to succeed in a fast-paced business world. We have codified the traits and behaviors of a wide variety of leaders across multiple industries and geographies and distilled into a change framework known as F.A.S.T. leadership.
This Culture and Change Management Leadership Strategies course contains a framework of next practice thinking, tools and techniques illustrated with case studies from companies in a variety of companies from all over the world. You will learn how to harness critical strategies and take them to the center of everything a business does. You will identify new ways to create a culture that customers, employees, and stakeholders want to be a part of. Companies need to be exciting, empowering, and engaging places to work – this premier workshop will show you how.
Participants on the Culture and Change Management Leadership Strategies course will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of the 6 key leadership styles and how to leverage them
- Strengthen key leadership skills which help them engage and inspire teams.
- Increase their capability and confidence in their own leadership brand and ability to drive change.
- Improve their coaching capability to help better empower and develop their teams
- Understand the key components of leadership, and how to best prioritize their time to drive their personal effectiveness and be better leaders
- Identify potential causes of failure and implement mitigating circumstances
- Apply the FAST Framework to successfully driving change
- Create a culture of Accountability which increases ownership and results
- Identify opportunities for simplification which help drive organisational efficiency
- The role and importance of leadership in defining culture.
- Development of and practice in new Leadership techniques to successfully drive culture change.
- Understanding organisational resistance, and the techniques to not only minimise it, but to also accelerate the new culture adoption.
- Improve communication techniques to help support change process
This course is designed for all those who are interested in leading and implementing change and organizational transformation including:
- HR professionals, change agents, team leaders, CEOs, project management leads and heads of department.
- People who are likely to take up managerial positions in the future that will involve managing change
- Technical professionals moving into Organisational Development
This practical and results-oriented FAST Leadership training course is based on adult learning concepts The facilitator will give plenty of input and then help participants to make sense of the themes through discussion and practice. It incorporates short inspiring demonstrations, role play and much practice to enhance learning. There will be ample time for QandA, discussions with ‘return to work’ action planning. The course will reinforce key concepts within an inspiring and engaging learning environment.
Pre and Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Day 1 – Leadership Styles and Techniques
On Day One the course covers different styles of leadership
- Leaders are they born or made?
- What is leadership and why is it important in driving change
- What are the different styles of leadership, and when should they be used
- What are the key leadership challenges
- What are the differences between Leadership and Management
- Leadership and Influence, and how to increase the influence
- What is your leadership brand
Day 2 -Leading and Managing Teams
On Day Two the course covers how to build, engage, motivate teams that deliver amazing results.
- How to engage and motivate teams
- What teams are looking for from their leader
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- How to Increase Your Emotional Intelligence
- Using the MCCL (Managing, Clienting, Coaching, Leading) Model to increase Leadership effectiveness
- Leaders as coaches and to use different coaching techniques
- Case Study and workship
Day 3 – How to Lead Initiatives Successfully
• Description: On Day Three the course will focus on leading initiatives, running projects, and driving change. Understanding the FAST Framework and how to use it to increase successful outcomes.
- Overview of FAST Framework for driving change, it’s history, it’s key components and positive impact on projects, businesses and organisations.
- Understanding Focus its importance, how and why we lose it and the impact of that.
- Techniques to increase Focus, ensuring alignment of goals with strategy, and understanding the benefits that they can bring.
- Understanding Accountability, it’s impact and importance on organisations, how and why we lose, and the impact that has on ownership and results.
- Understand the impact of blame, and how to avoid it.
- Learn techniques for increasing Accountability, Empowerment and Ownership which increase effectiveness.
- Case study and Exercise on Focus and Accountability
- Understanding Simplicity, it’s importance, how and why we lose it and the impact that has.
- Learn where complexity comes from, and how it kills understanding, engagement and execution.
- Techniques to increase Simplicity, ensuring team understanding and helping to build confidence, and understanding the benefits that this can bring.
- Communication techniques to ensure alignment and understanding
- Understanding Transparency, it’s impact and importance on organisations, how and why we lose, and the impact that has on ownership and results.
- Learn techniques for increasing Transparency, and how to track your initiative and maintain progress and increase motivation.
- Simplicity and Transparency Case Study and Exercise
- Understand the interrelationships between Focus, Accountability, Simplicity and Transparency, which can be compounded to drive even more effectiveness and efficiency and accelerate rate of success
- Learn techniques to perform a FAST assessment to identify areas of opportunity and benefit
Day 4 – Understanding Culture and Culture Change
• Description: Day four of the course covers culture, what it is it, how is it created, what is the impact of culture on an organisation and any change initiatives they are implementing.
- What is culture, where does it come from and why it is important
- What are the key drivers of culture, values, role models, rituals, and reinforcement?
- Culture eats Strategy for Breakfast
- Key components of the culture you are looking for
- Organisational change resistance and techniques for overcoming it.
- Organisation Culture Adoption profiles
- Identifying Culture Change Champions
- Strategies for each organisational group
- Leadership and culture change
- Case Study and Exercises
Day 5 – Creating a Sustainable Culture Change
• Description: On Day five we look at the different types of culture and how to define and implement the right culture for your organisation
- Employee engagement techniques
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Aligning personal and organisational needs to help drive engagement and reduce resistance
- 3 Step Culture building approach Say It, Live it, and Reinforce it.
- Why motivation is not enough
- Engagement, Empowerment, Excitement
- Role of reward and recognition in embedding cultural change
- Measuring cultural change success
- Why culture changes fail
- Case Study and Exercises