A major instrument for economic development is revenue. Its mobilization or generation, management, and the end use to which it is put, combine to spell economic growth and development, or in the alternative, economic stagnation and accentuated poverty.
In-view of the poor economic position of state and local governments, coupled with the lack of corresponding increase in Federal allocations, it is imperative to look for alternative sources for generating revenues.
This workshop therefore will provide strategies and techniques for alternative revenue generation and utilization.
At the end of the Workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify available LOCAL and STATE GOVT resources
- Identify various sources of STATE and LG revenue
- Establish better and more efficient structures of revenue generation
- Generate and manage revive from the available resources
- Mobilise people towards community development.
- Revenue Generation – An Overviews
- Revenue Management
- Promotion of Investment Opportunities in Rural Areas
- Community Resources Identification
- Mobilization for Rural Development
- Setting up and Managing Cooperatives
- Transparency and Accountability in Management of Public Funds.